The ‘Storyteller Apprentices,’ is an arts focused program that seeks to enrich the lives of children between the ages of 9 and 13 by inspiring self-confidence, positive character development and empathy through the art of storytelling.
It is based on a 12-session curriculum that we have developed where children interact with the rich creative and character building content of classic folktales from around the world. These interactions include:
- Participating in live storytelling performances
- Learning about the history of stories and the tradition of storytelling
- Exploring the ‘big ideas’ contained in classic folktales and fables
- Using stories as a means to explore art and music
- Sharing creativity and personal stories through use of online media technology.
The goals of the program are to improve the lives of children, improve school performance and to create a more compassionate, inclusive and literate society:
- By facilitating self knowledge, awareness and acceptance of others through explorations of the creative and character building content found in multicultural folktales.
- By teaching children how to discover and develop their own voice, enabling them to tell their own stories.
Interested in contributing to this wonderful program? Support us by clicking ‘Donate’ button on the top right hand corner of this page and be a part of the future of storytelling!